This is my only post this year. Kind of a busy year.
I've played a lot with some new technologies, dug deeper with some of the old ones.
Below you can read a summary of some of the best stuff I've discovered (or re-discovered) this year.
- Ansible: Configuration management, devops best friend, loving it!
- Mosh: Mobile shell, SSH on UDP, great for roaming users
- Tmux: Terminal multiplexer, detach sessions, keep them running
- Monit: Restart a service if crashed, send report by mail
- Gunicorn: Great Python server, simple to use, great performance
- Debian 8: Best server operating system I've used, can't believe it's free
- Python: The more I use it, the more I like it
- Laravel: When restrained to use PHP, this is the less painful
- Gitlab: Your own self-hosted github